Complaints: breach of planning regulations

If you think any development or work in Gwynedd (excluding Snowdonia National Park) is in breach of planning regulations, let us know immediately. 


Contact us

Complain about a breach of planning regulations online
(The first time you contact us online we will ask you to create an account)

Examples of breaches of planning regulations

  • A development which needs planning permission going ahead without permission – either because the planning application has been refused or because no planning application was ever submitted
  • A development which has received planning permission subject to conditions, but one or more of those conditions are being ignored 
  • Unauthorised change of use of a building
  • Unauthorised work on a listed building or buildings within a conservation area 
  • Unauthorised work on a tree within a Conservation Area or a tree protected by a Tree Preservation Order 
  • High hedges complaints 

We won’t consider the following:

  • Land ownership dispute - contact the Land Registry 
  • Works on public highways: contact the Highways Service by phoning 01766 771000
  • Environmental health issues, e.g. pollution and hygiene: contact the Public Protection Service by phoning 01766 771000 
  • Dangerous buildings - contact the Building Control Service by phoning 01766 771000

More information