Do I need planning permission?

You will need planning permission if you want to alter a building, piece of land or a permanent structure (such as a wall) and you need to carry out building work to do it. You will also need planning permission if your work will change the way the building or land is used.  

You will usually need planning permission to:


Permitted developments (where you don’t need planning permission)

There are some minor improvements, alterations and extensions you can make to your house that you don’t need planning permission for. These can include construction of some types of porch, glass conservatories under a certain size and also some internal changes.  

Further guidance can be found on the Welsh Government's website.

Do you need permission?

If you are still unsure if you need planning permission you can get use our Pre-Application Advice service.