Before submitting a planning application, we strongly recommend that you use the Pre-application advice service.
Online application form: pre-application advice
How can I benefit from this service?
We can offer you specialist advice and knowledge on the various matters you need to consider before submitting an application. This will include:
- Clarifying which policies / standards/ factors apply to your development
- Helping you to submit an application that is complete, avoiding any delay during the registration / validation stage
- Advising you to prepare an application which, if you give full consideration to the advice provided, will speed up the process of determining your application
- Can lead to reducing the time taken by professional consultants and can save costs as they prepare the proposals
- Advising you if the principle of the development is unacceptable, therefore saving you the cost of applying
How does this work and what is the cost?
Guidance notes: pre-application advice service
Do I need planning permision?
If you're unsure wether you need planning permission complete this form. Try and provide as much information as you can.
You can also find information about the type of developments that need / don't need planning permission on the Planning Portal website.
Large scale and complex applications
There is a different process with large scale and complex application. View details.