Safety and welfare
For more information about any of the following policies or to receive a copy of the school’s guidelines, contact the school directly. For contact details go to the Schools' Contact Information.
First aid in schools
It is asked that every school has a designated person that have been trained in this area.
Every school also has individual guidelines regarding first aid which includes information such as:
- adequate first aid facilities and equipment
- guidelines on the numbers of first aid personnel that schools must have
- the kind of risk assessment that is used to decide on the first aid needs of the school
For any information with regards to bullying, go to the bullying web page.
Every school has individual guidelines regarding the use of physical restraint. The guidelines include information such as:
- what is the law regarding a teacher using physical restraint in school
- which staff are authorised to use reasonable force and how they are trained
- what is the process of recording incidents where physical restraint was used by a member of staff
- what will happen if a complaint is made following an incident
Management of medicines
Every school has guidelines with regards to providing medicines to pupils. The guidelines include information such as:
- what are the legal obligations on teachers to give medication to pupils
- which members of staff are eligible to give medication to pupils
- what kind of medication is suitable to store in the school
Every school has individual guidelines regarding photography and taking pictures. The guidelines note:
- under which circumstances permission is needed from a parent or guardian
- what kind of permission is needed from a parent or guardian for pictures that are taken for publicity purposes
- in which circumstances cameras and mobile phones should be banned
For information with regards to the work of the school nurse or to see when she visits which school, go to the Gwynedd Ni website.