Services to support families
Some families can face difficult times, but during these periods there are services that support families.
If you feel that your family needs help or support, you can ask directly for a service. You may experience difficulties such as:
• disabilities within the family
• parenting problems / strains
• difficult behaviour at home
• physical and mental health and well-being
• alcohol / drug abuse
• teenage pregnancy
• housing matters
• anti-social behaviour
• relationship problems
• problems in school
• development of language, speech and child play skills
• domestic abuse.
• Arguing better - An online course to help parents communicate better with each other
• Me, You and Baby too - An online course for new and expectant parents
• Getting it right for children - An online course for separating parents to help manage conflict and minimise the impact on children
If you're a professional and worried about a family, you can refer them by filling in and sending us a
The form will be used in the events of statutory safeguarding referrals an referrals for early help services and family support (through programmes such as Families First).
Find help, services and information which may be available to you by using this link to refine your search -
Family support services
If you need help, contact us. We can tell you what services and support you are eligible for.
Phone: 01758 704 455 (9:00 - 17:00, Mon - Fri)
Out of hours phone: 01248 353 551 (any other time and Bank Holidays)