Community safety


Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence

Domestic Abuse Help and Support Services:

  • Rape Crisis
  • RASASC -

    A registered charity that provides support to people all across North Wales who have experienced sexual violence, whether this happened recently or in the past.

  • Amethyst -

    Amethyst offers a confidential service for men, women and children who have been sexually assaulted, either recently or in the past.

  • The Hideout -

    Helps children and young people to understand domestic abuse, and how to take positive action.

  • BAWSO (Black Association of Women Step Out Ltd) -

    Bawso is an All Wales voluntary organisation, providing specialist services to victims and BME people affected or at risk of by Domestic Abuse and all forms of violence; including Female Genital Mutilation, Forced Marriage, Honour Based Violence and Human Trafficking.

  • Action on Elder Abuse
  • Gorwel -

    A Domestic Violence Service for everyone of all ages, and to any victim whether they are physically, mentally or sexually abused. The service offers confidential information and support to enable and encourage individuals to make their own decisions and choices about their future.



    12 Ffordd Yr Efail,
    Hen Argraffdy,
    LL77 7ER (Drop in service)
    Phone: 01248 750 903

    Blaenau Ffestiniog
    49 Stryd Fawr,
    Blaenau Ffestiniog,
    LL41 3AN
    Phone:01766 830 878

    Heol y Dŵr,
    LL40 1DD
    Phone: 01341 422 210

    Unit 7/8
    Y Galeri
    Phone: 0800 1112121


Keeping safe online

Useful advice and support for children, young people and parents

Since 2006, Thinkuknow has been keeping children and young people safe by providing education about sexual abuse and sexual exploitation. It aims to ensure that everyone has access to this practical information including children, young people, their parents and carers and the professionals who work with them.

E-safety tips, advice and resources to help children and young people stay safe online.

Helping parents keep their children safe online

Keep your child safe online

Tips and advice for keeping your children safe on social networks, apps and games. So your child can make the right decisions with the right support online.

CEOP is there to keep children safe from sexual abuse and grooming online.

- Are you worried about online sexual abuse or the way someone has been communicating with you online?

- Are you worried that your child is being groomed online or sexually exploited?

Report your concerns to one of CEOP's Child Protection Advisors


Substance Misuse (Drugs and Alcohol) 

The Partnership has developed a Cocaine Awareness Campaign. Many people see recreational use of cocaine as a victimless crime. Our campaign highlights the wider impact on communities and families in terms of exploitation, health and wellbeing, and crime.

Posters are available to download here:


AGRO (Anglesey & Gwynedd Recovery Organisation)

A volunteer-based organisation, run by people in recovery for people in recovery. The purpose of AGRO is to promote recovery from alcohol and other drug problems through activity, supporting families, raising awareness, breaking down stigma and providing information in Anglesey and Gwynedd.



Be di’r Sgôr?

This service is available to every young person in both counties. The provision offers information, advice and targeted and specialist work. It is possible to self-refer to this service. A parent can also make a referral but the individual must agree to be referred and work with the Service.




A regional service that works with substance misuse and mental health service users in order to ensure that their voices are heard and contribute towards polices/service development etc.




Available across North Wales, this Service is for individuals who have a problem relating to alcohol and/or drugs, or in cases where a close relative’s alcohol or drug use affects you. It is possible to self-refer to this service on the CAIS website or by phoning. 



DAN 24/7

Free and confidential alcohol and drugs helpline, the telephone number will not appear on a home itemised bill. Support/chat 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Information about services/drugs etc. is available on their website.




A free and confidential helpline for children of all ages who need support and a chat due to one of their parents/carers’ excessive drinking. The telephone number will not appear on a home itemised bill.



North Wales Recovery Communities (Penrhyn House)

Supports individuals to establish Recovery from substance abuse by providing abstinence-based housing and open access therapeutic programmes. 



Neighbourhood Watch 

Local Neighbourhood Watch schemes

Want to find out about your local Neighbourhood Watch group and don't know how to reach it? Just visit  and enter your postcode to find all the schemes which have registered on the website in your area.


Hate Crime 

What is Hate Crime?

Crimes committed against someone because of their disability, gender-identity, race, religion or belief, or sexual orientation are hate crimes and should be reported to the police.

For support and to report hate crime online, visit the Victim Support website and complete their Confidential Reporting Form.

Call 999 if you’re reporting a crime that’s in progress or if someone is in immediate danger. If the crime isn’t an emergency, call 101. 

Further Information:

Crime prevention advice

Preventing crime is everyone’s responsibility. Useful advice and information to help reduce and prevent crime can be found on the following websites: 


Contact your local policing team

Find out who your local neighbourhood policing team are, and where the nearest neighbourhood policing meeting is held: North Wales Police


Property register

Register your valuables for free on the UK National Property Register. Immobilise is a completely free property register that creates a secure record of your personal possessions such as laptops and mobile phones.  Further information

Register your bike

By registering and marking your bike, the chances of having it stolen are greatly reduced. Further information

Community Trigger

What is the Community Trigger?

The Community Trigger is a process which allows you (or someone acting on your behalf) to ask the Council to review our responses to complaints of anti-social behaviour. However the following 3 criteria must be met in order for an application to be made:

  1. Contact us if you have complained to the Council, Police, Health Board or Registered Provider of Social Housing, about 3 incidents of anti-social behaviour in a 6 month period.
  2.  All incidents must have occurred within 1 month of the incident being reported and you believe your complaint has not been appropriately addressed or no action has been taken. 
  3. The application to use the Community trigger is made within six months of the report of antisocial behaviour.

The trigger cannot be used to report general acts of crime, including hate crime or anti-social behaviour.


What happens next?

On receipt of a Community Trigger referral, a number of people will come together from relevant council departments and partner organisations such as North Wales Police that will look collectively at the issues you have reported.  They will also look at any actions that have been undertaken to determine if that action was adequate based on reasonable expectations and timescales. The review panel may make recommendations for further action to be taken in order to try to resolve the problem.

A response will be sent to you by The Council’s Community Safety team, explaining the action taken and suggestions on how to resolve the anti-social behaviour. 

How do I make an Application?

To request a community trigger you will need to give the following details:

  • dates of each time you’ve complained;
  • details of where you complained (name, organisation and/or reference number)
  • information about the anti-social behaviour

Complete the request form:

Request form – community trigger

And return to:

  • Community Trigger, Community Safety Office, Council Offices, Shirehall Street, Caernarfon, Gwynedd, LL55 1SH

For further information, call:

  • 01286 679047

Report a crime


Report a crime anonymously on-line or by calling Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

Crimestoppers are an independent charity helping law enforcement to locate criminals and help solve crimes. You don't have to give your name or any of your personal details and they won’t trace calls or track IP addresses.

Give information anonymously online here


North Wales Police

Report a non-urgent or non-emergency incident to North Wales Police on line.

Remember always dial 999 in an emergency.

Give information online here

Antisocial behaviour

Reports of Anti-social behaviour should be made directly to the appropriate service that is responsible for dealing with the issue.

For example complaints of:

  • dog fouling
  • abandoned vehicles
  • noise nuisance
  • or fly tipping

can be made online or by contacting the relevant local authority on:

  • Gwynedd Council: 01766 771000 
  • Isle of Anglesey County Council: 01248 750 057

Please remember that things like everyday living noise and parking issues do not count as antisocial behaviour.

Incidents of Anti-Social Behaviour such as public nuisance, public disorder, threatening behaviour, being drunk and disorderly, substance misuse, vandalism, should be reported directly to North Wales Police on 101, or if there is an emergency you should call 999 immediately.

Antisocial behaviour – Public Spaces Protection Orders (Gwynedd & Anglesey) 

Introduced under the Anti-Social Behaviour, Crime and Policing Act 2014, The Public Spaces Protection Orders will be replacing the current Designated Public Place Orders.

The order enables alcohol related antisocial behaviour to be challenged by a Police officer in uniform; in as much as the officer can request confiscation of the alcohol, whereby refusal can lead to arrest, in the following designated places:


The order shall remain in place for up to 3 years subject to a review.


Local Community Safety Plan 2020