We have now received applications for the Enterprising Communities fund equivalent to more than the total available. Nevertheless, we hope to attract more funding to support Gwynedd businesses in the near future, so we are happy to continue accepting applications, but we will not be able to consider them without confirmation of additional funding.
Enterprising Communities – ARFOR Programme Support Fund
The Fund targets commercial, social, cooperative, enterprises and community enterprises that aim to preserve and increase local wealth in areas considered strongholds of the Welsh language, namely Anglesey, Gwynedd, Ceredigion and Carmarthenshire (the ARFOR region).
In Gwynedd, the Fund is administered by Cyngor Gwynedd.
- Funding to support both revenue and capital costs.
- Financial support for up to 70% of project cost.
- Grants from £5,000 up to £75,000.
The Fund will support projects that
- Create opportunities to innovate and develop new enterprises that align with local resources, landscape and environment.
- Create and extend contemporary work opportunities (for example, media, digital, research, professional services etc).
- Preserve wealth in the region (e.g. in areas of work such as generating and saving energy, foundational sectors supply chains etc).
As part of the process applicants are required to undertake a language assessment with the Welsh Language Commissioner, and work with the Commissioner to receive the Cynnig Cymraeg (The Welsh Offer) recognition by December 2024. Cynnig Cymraeg
Please read the following guidelines and documents before you apply:
Please complete and return the 5 forms to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are successful in receiving support through the Enterprising Communities Fund as part of the ARFOR Programme there is a requirement for you to give acknowledgement in any publicity work. Please see the publicity guidelines and logo strips below.
Guidelines for Promoting Enterprising Communities in Gwynedd
Black background and white text
White background and Black text
Q&A Enterprising Communities
For more information about the new program see the ARFOR website
For accessible formats such as large print, Braille, British Sign Language, contact us:email@example.com