16+ travel ticket
A 16+ Travel Ticket is £100 per term.
The 16+ Travel Ticket is available to students who live and study within Gwynedd (including Coleg Menai Llangefni) and who are 16 years old and under 22 years old on 1 September.
Before you apply for your Travel Ticket, make sure a service is available to and from the location you wish to travel, at the time you wish to travel. All journeys are not available to you.
Spring Term Travel Ticket 2018
You can order yor Spring 2018 ticket now.
Online: log in to your account / register for an account
Phone: 01766 771000
You will need your ticket by 8 January 2018. After this date, you will have to pay for each individual journey if travelling on public transport bus or train. However, if travelling on a school / college bus you will not be able to travel - the option to pay daily will not apply.
Apply for new ticket / change details / Replace a lost or damaged ticket / contact us
To apply you will need:
- debit / credit card or a direct debit form available by calling 01766 771000
- photo (school / Bangor University students only)
- ID number (college students only: this is given when you register and is on your student card).
- The application must be in the name of the person who will use the ticket.
For £100 per term students can travel from their home to any school or college site in Gwynedd which is part of the scheme.
The scheme does not provide transport for Coleg Llandrillo Glynllifon residential students to get there at the beginning of the week. The College is responsible for this.
If you leave the school / college you will not get a refund.
You can change your details free of charge. If the change results in a different ticket price, this will apply from next term.
Replace a lost or damaged ticket
A £10 fee will be charged for the replacement ticket.
Empty Seat Ticket
This is for students who live within 3 miles of school / college or are over 19 years old on 31 August and under 22 on 1 September, or on a degree course and under 22 years of age on 1 September.
If this is relevant to you, you can make an application in the usual way, but these differences will apply:
- if a service becomes overcrowded, your ticket will be withdrawn and you’ll be refunded
- you won’t be able to get a taxi service to the bus stop
- (over-19s / degree courses only) the ticket will cost £100.