Gwynedd School Admissions Forum
Admission forums have a key role in ensuring a fair admissions system that promotes social equity.
Admission forums must:
- Consider how well existing and proposed admission arrangements serve the interests of children and parents within the area of the Local Authority.
- Promote agreement on admission issues.
- Consider the comprehensiveness and accessibility of the admissions literature and information produced for parents by each admission authority within the area of the forum.
- Consider the effectiveness of the LA’s proposed co-ordinated admission arrangements.
- Consider the means by which admissions processes might be improved and how actual admissions relate to the admission numbers published.
- Monitor the admission of children who arrive in the LA’s area outside a normal admission round.
- Promote the arrangements for children with SEN, children in care and children who have been excluded from school.
- Consider any other admissions issues that arise.