Your right to speak at the planning committee
An important message about the Planning Committee arrangements and your right to speak:
As a result of the Covid-19 situation, arrangements are being made in order to hold a virtual Planning Committee for the time being. As a result, it is possible that some of the information on these pages and involving ‘Your right to speak at the Planning Committee’, ‘Making a request to speak at a Committee’ and ‘Planning Committee Arrangements’ have changed to reflect these circumstances. If you have any specific questions about the new arrangements that will be in place for a temporary period, please contact us by sending an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
In terms of the procedure that will be in place for a temporary period, it is stressed that if you wish to speak at the Planning Committee, you will be required to:
- Register to speak by 5pm the Thursday prior to the Committee stating whether you have access to video-conferencing equipment or the ability to submit a video of your presentation. You will be required to do this by sending an e-mail to: email@example.com stating your name, e-mail address and contact telephone number. The Planning Service will contact you to confirm the arrangements.
- You will be required to submit the video to the Planning Service by 5pm the Thursday prior to the Committee.
- In the event of technical problems, you are asked to provide a written copy of your address to the Planning Service by 5pm on the Thursday before the Committee at which the application will be heard.
- In line with the usual procedures for speaking at committees, please note that neither the video of your presentation nor your written address should last longer than 3 minutes.
- It is emphasised that it is the responsibility of the individual who wishes to speak to enquire about and receive confirmation about when a particular application will be submitted before the Committee.
The Planning Committee
Information about the Planning Committee
Your right to speak at the Planning Committee
Anyone may attend a planning committee in order to follow the proceedings, but you won’t be allowed to participate in the discussion or express your views unless you apply to speak beforehand.
Objectors and supporters can apply to speak for up to 3 minutes at the Planning Committee. Speakers are limited to one in support of and one in objection to any individual application.
For more information about your right to speak at a committee, look at The right to speak at a Planning Committee leaflet.
Submitting an application to speak at a committee
Before applying to speak at a planning committee, read The right to speak at a Planning Committee leaflet.
You must apply in writing to the Planning Service as soon as possible - at the latest by 5pm on the Thursday before the Committee. You can do this:
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In writing: addressed to the Planning Service, Council Offices, Ffordd y Cob, Pwllheli, Gwynedd. LL53 5AA
For more information about the Planning Committee look at the Planning Committee Procedure leaflet.
For more information or advice contact us: