Special parking permit

Application for a special parking permit

This permit allows parking where different arrangements can't be made for the following reasons:

  • Loading and unloading where it is normally prohibited or where the permitted period for doing so isn't long enough, or
  • Situations where other arrangements is not suitable.

This permit does not allow general parking. It does not allow the vehicle to stay in the restricted / prohibited area once the dispensation period or purpose has been fulfilled. At that time the motorist is required to park legally and somewhere else.

Examples where dispensation may be issued:

  • Building / maintenance work where keeping the vehicle in close proximity to the working area / site is essential.
  • Furniture removals.
  • Carpet fitters and Glaziers where tools and materials are needed as close as possible to their working area.
  • Vehicles essential to filming or marketing operations.
  • Other circumstances in which the Council may reasonably regard the requirements to be essential.

Examples where dispensations will not be issued:

  • Where parking may adversely affect disabled bays / doctors bays / taxi ranks / bus stops.
  • Within close proximity of a signal controlled junction, pedestrian crossing, on a footway or other location where parking may cause a danger to the public or cause an obstruction to traffic flow and essential services.
  • Where loading restrictions are in place and the dispensation is requested during those restricted period(s).

Make an application

Download an application form and send it to the Street Works Unit to see if the sight is suitable and return by post (with the fee) to the address below:

Application Form

E-mail: gwaithstryd@gwynedd.llyw.cymru

Post:  Street Works Unit, Environment Department, Gwynedd Council, Caernarfon, LL55 1SH

Phone: 01766 771 000

Note: Please allow 2 working days for your application to be considered.  A representative from the Street Works Unit will e-mail you within 2 working days. 



£20 a day.

£140 a week.


£25 a day.

£175 a week.

Note: The relevant parking fee must be paid before considering your application.


Phone: Call 01766 771 000 to pay with a debit or credit card.
Post: Enclose the relevant fee with your application form (cheques payable to Gwynedd Council).

Note: The application fee is non-refundable.