Special parking permit
Application for a special parking permit
This permit allows parking where different arrangements can't be made for the following reasons:
- Loading and unloading where it is normally prohibited or where the permitted period for doing so isn't long enough, or
- Situations where other arrangements is not suitable.
This permit does not allow general parking. It does not allow the vehicle to stay in the restricted / prohibited area once the dispensation period or purpose has been fulfilled. At that time the motorist is required to park legally and somewhere else.
- Building / maintenance work where keeping the vehicle in close proximity to the working area / site is essential.
- Furniture removals.
- Carpet fitters and Glaziers where tools and materials are needed as close as possible to their working area.
- Vehicles essential to filming or marketing operations.
- Other circumstances in which the Council may reasonably regard the requirements to be essential.
- Where parking may adversely affect disabled bays / doctors bays / taxi ranks / bus stops.
- Within close proximity of a signal controlled junction, pedestrian crossing, on a footway or other location where parking may cause a danger to the public or cause an obstruction to traffic flow and essential services.
- Where loading restrictions are in place and the dispensation is requested during those restricted period(s).
Download an application form and send it to the Enviroment Department / Transport and Countryside Service to see if the sight is suitable and return by post (with the fee) to the address below:
Post: Enviroment Department / Transport and Countryside Serivce, Shirehall Street, Caernarfon, Gwynedd LL55 1SH
Phone: 01286 679437
Note: Please allow 2 working days for your application to be considered. A representative from the Enviroment Department / Transport and Countryside Service will e-mail you within 2 working days.
£30.00 (daily fee per vehicle)
£210.00 (weekly fee per vehicle)
Note: The relevant parking fee must be paid before considering your application.
Phone: Call 01766 771 000 to pay with a debit or credit card.
Post: Enclose the relevant fee with your application form (cheques payable to Gwynedd Council).
Note: The application fee is non-refundable.