Electric car charging points
The Council is developing a network of over a hundred charging points for electric vehicles across Gwynedd.
Charging points are operational in the following locations (using an app only at this stage):
- Intec on Parc Menai, Bangor, LL57 4FG (4 machines 7kW)
- Canolfan Byw'n Iach Penllyn, Bala, LL23 7YE (4 machines 7kW)
- Canolfan Byw'n Iach Glan Wnion, Dolgellau, LL40 1LH (4 machines 7kW)
- Canolfan Byw’n Iach Dwyfor, Pwllheli, LL53 5PF (4 machines 7kW)
In addition, 50kW charging points are also operational thanks to joint working with Transport for Wales on the following Council sites:
- Y Grîn carpark, Y Bala, LL23 7NG (1 machine);
- Carpark near Canolfan Hamdden Glaslyn, Porthmadog, LL49 9NU (2 machines);
- Diffwys carpark, Blaenau Ffestiniog, LL41 3ES (2 machines);
- Marian carpark, Dolgellau, LL40 1DL (2 machines).
Work is also in progress to install more charging points in locations in the areas of Aberdyfi, Barmouth, Bangor, Bethesda, Blaenau Ffestiniog, Caernarfon, Dolgellau, Harlech, Llanberis, Penygroes, Porthmadog, Pwllheli and Tywyn over the coming months.
There will be a variety of charging point types provided – 7kW (4hrs*), 50kW (40 minutes*), 150kW (15 minutes*).
Details of electric vehicle charging point locations in Gwynedd and prices for using them are available on the ZapMap website (external website)
*Esimated charging time to travel 100 miles