The Lloyd George Museum
The items at Lloyd George Museum and Highgate, his childhood home, help us to understand the former Prime Minister's life and times between 1863 and 1945.
Opening times and location
We open seasonally and welcome visitors from the Monday before Easter each year. We are open every day over the Easter Bank Holidays and weekend.
Click on the map to expand it
*Please note: last admission 4pm (3pm in October)
You can still visit us by appointment off season and meetings, educational visits, coach parties, special events and weddings can be booked with us all year round, subject to availability.
You can hire Lloyd George Theatre for up to 50 people with spaces for wheelchairs - contact us.
What can be seen here?
- a unique display of objects - caskets and scrolls presented to him as freedom honours, medals, paintings, pictures, documents such as the Versailles Treaty, 'Lloyd George's crown', costumes and personal items
- film about Lloyd George and an amazing talking head
- Victorian classroom
- library and web access point
Highgate is furnished as it was when Lloyd George lived here as a child between 1864 and 1880. The original desks of Lloyd George and his brother can be seen here, and the shoemaker's workshop has been recreated. You can enjoy the Victorian cottage garden.
We recommend that you bring a picnic and drinks with you, to get the most out of the experience.
- learn about the famous statesman
- wear Victorian clothes
- enjoy a lesson in the Victorian classroom
- learn more about the shoemaking craft at Uncle Lloyd's workshop
- cook food on the open fire
- wash clothes using the tub, dolly and mangle
A full education service is offered, including an information pack for teachers with worksheets and factsheets.
Suitable for KSs 1, 2 and 3 in many curriculum subjects, and History GCSE / A Level.
Contact the education service
Friends of the Museum
Join the Friends in order to help keep the memory of Lloyd George alive. We:
- provide help and support for the Museum's development and educational use, and support new developments
- arrange and promote lectures and events
- raise money for purchasing suitable items for display and research
The Friends of The Lloyd George Museum 2017-2018 Programme
Download membership form
Chairman - Emrys Williams
President - Philip George
Treasurer - Nesta G Jones
Secretary - Richard J Roberts
Friends of Lloyd George Museum, Llanystumdwy, Cricieth, Gwynedd, LL52 0SH
Charity number: 1062771