Shared Lives Scheme
Do you have the time and the commitment to help support vulnerable adults in your own home?
Gwynedd and Anglesey Shared Lives Scheme is looking for enablers who are willing to open their homes for a fee to provide:
- Short breaks
- A long term home
More information about the scheme
More information about the scheme (easy read version)
Can you offer support?
Gwynedd Shared Lives believe that people should be able to lead the lives that they want, whilst they receive the support that they require in the home of their choice.
We arrange for people with additional support needs to have short breaks or live long term in the homes of carefully selected people called Shared Lives Enablers. The support provided is flexible and tailored to the individual’s personal needs.
You would be opening your home to support:
- adults with learning difficulties
- adults with mental health problems
- adults with physical disabilities
- adults with sensory impairment
People who can provide support
- A spare room and a commitment to support people.
- Are able to provide more than 'bed and breakfast'.
- Ability to provide a safe and stable home.
- Genuine interest in the person, and willingness to provide support to ensure opportunities for the individual to integrate into the local community.
- Willing to encourage the person to continue his / her relationships with friends and family and to attend the day centre or college.
We would like to hear from you if...
- You want to make a real difference to people’s lives.
- You are enthusiastic and motivated.
- You are positive and caring.
- You are sensitive to people’s needs.
- You can work to agreed plans.
- You are looking for a flexible way to earn additional income.
Previous experience in the care sector would be useful but it is not a requirement. Enthusiasm is just as valuable.
What does this mean to me?
- Job satisfaction
A job as a carer is known as one of the most rewarding jobs on a personal level.
We will provide you with induction, training and support.
- Paid work
You will receive a weekly payment (includes a generous tax allowance).
If the tenancy agreement is attached to the location, then the individual will pay rent for his room.
- Phone: 01758 704145
- E-mail: Cynllun.firstname.lastname@example.org
Gwynedd and Anglesey Shared Lives Scheme, Gwynedd Council Offices, Embankment Road, Pwllheli, Gwynedd, LL53 5AA