If your dog is lost:
- contact us. We keep a record of lost dogs and can tell you if a Dog Warden finds it.
online: Tell us that your dog is lost
phone: 01766 771000 (08:30 - 17:30, Monday - Friday)
- contact local vets in case someone has found the dog
- if your dog is microchipped, inform the company which registered the microchip
- check dogs websites like www.doglost.co.uk
- if you believe that someone has stolen your dog, contact North Wales Police on 101 or 0300 330 0101
- if the dog is insured, inform the insurance company.
Getting your dog back
If a dog has been taken into kennels, owners should contact the kennel before collecting the dog.
- Aber Falls Kennels - 01248 680769
Monday – Friday (09:00 – 17:00); Saturday (09:00 – 13:00)
- Nant y Corn, Abergele - 01745 824646
Monday – Friday (10:00 – 16:30); Saturday (09:00 – 13:00)
- Hengwrt Kennels, Dolgellau - 01341 422597
Monday – Friday (09:00 - 11:00; 17:30 - 18:00); Saturday (09:00 - 11:00)
- As from 1 August 2016, owners must pay the standard fine of £73.00
+ £9 per day
+ an additional fee of £15 if the dog has been collected outside normal office hours, Monday - Friday 08:30 - 16:00
The dog will not be released until the fees and any other costs like vet fees have been paid in full.
If the owner does not claim the dog within 7 days we will make an effort to rehome it - usually through a local charity. If this is not possible, it may be destroyed.