How to pay?
The Council Tax is to be paid monthly for ten months (unless other arrangements have been made, such as paying one lump sum, paying over 12 months, or paying for the remaining months of the financial year).
The payment must be made by the 1st of each month (except direct debit payments).
You can pay your Council Tax by:
- Direct debit – this is the easiest way of paying. You can choose to pay on the 5th, 15th, 21st, 28th of the month, or weekly - every Monday. To arrange a direct debit:
- Download direct debit form
(and return to the address noted on the form.)
- phone (01286) 682700 (you will need your bank details at hand)
- If you have already set up a direct debit but need to amend the details, please call us on (01286) 682 700 to do so.
- Pay your Council Tax online
- Phone: Call 01766 771000 (between 08:30 and 17:30 Monday to Friday)
You can pay by Debit or Credit card.
Receive your Council Tax bill by e-mail
Help the environment by using less paper! You can now choose to receive your Council Tax bill by e-mail rather than through the post. For further information go to the electronic billing page.