Anyone can fall behind on bills, but it’s NEVER too late to ask for help and advice.
Details of Cost of Living payments can be found here: Cost of Living Payments 2023 to 2024 - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
New Cost of Living Payments from Spring 2023
Millions of the lowest-income households across the UK will get up to £1,350 from the Government in 2023/4 to help with the cost of living. Exact payment windows will be announced closer to the time but are spread across a longer period to ensure a consistent support offering throughout the year. They will be broadly as follows:
When you’ll be paid
If you’re entitled, you will get:
- £301 paid between 25 April 2023 and 17 May 2023 for most people on DWP benefits (£301 paid between 2 and 9 May 2023 for most people on tax credits and no other low income benefits)
- £300 paid during autumn 2023 for most people
- £299 paid during spring 2024 for most people
Disability Cost of Living Payment
Pensioner Cost of Living Payment
- If you’re entitled to a Winter Fuel Payment for winter 2023 to 2024, you will get an extra £150 or £300 paid with your normal payment from November 2023.
If you are having trouble paying your bills, contact your suppliers / creditors to discuss your concerns. Advice from Ofgem.
Full details of the support schemes available from the UK Government are on helpforhouseholds.campaign.gov.uk These include:
- Cold Weather Payment - If your area experiences extreme weather for seven consecutive days you will be eligible for an extra £25 a week Cold Weather Payment if you’re on benefits.
Cyngor Gwynedd can help you with household bills with these payments:
Cyngor Gwynedd can help you to keep your home warm.
You might also benefit from: