Marriage/civil partnerships certificate
We hold copies of marriage certificates for all marriages in Gwynedd since 1837, and civil partnership since 1994. If you are looking for a marriage certificate dated before 1837 please contact the archives service.
If the wedding was held at a church which had its own officials to act for the Registrar, Gwynedd Council’s Registration Service will not receive a copy of the certificate until the register at the chapel has been closed. For advice, please call: 01766 771000.
Buy a copy of a marriage/civil partnership certificate
£11.00 including second class post ( + £1.10 if you choose to use the Royal Mail tracking service)
- How to request a copy?
- How and when will I receive the certificate? Once we have received your application and payment, we will aim to send the certificate to you in the post within 10 working days.
Need the certificate in a hurry?
If you need the certificate in a hurry, it is possible to arrange for you to collect it in person on the day you make the application.
- How do I make an urgent request for a certificate?- Phone: 01766 771000 and pay with a debit card before 10.30am
- At Caernarfon registry office: and pay with cash, cheque or postal order made payable to 'Gwynedd Council' before 10.30am
- When can I collect the certificate if I submit an urgent request?
If we receive your request before 10.30 the certificate can be collected after 3pm on that day. Otherwise to be collected after 3pm the following day.
- From where should I collect the certificate if I submit an urgent request?
- Cost for an urgent request
The cost for an urgent request is £35 for each copy including first class post (+ £1.10 if you choose to use Royal Mail tracking service)
For further information, contact us on 01766 771000.