Make a benefit claim

If you need a paper form or need help to complete the online form please contact us.


If you wish to make a claim, or have made a claim for Income Support, Job Seekers' Allowance, Employment Support Allowance, Pension Credit or Universal Credit, then you will have to claim Housing Benefit directly from Jobcentre Plus or the Pension Service.

Once you've claimed, the Job Centreplus or the Pension Service will let us know, and we will send you a short form about help with your Council Tax.

If you're already getting Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction from us, and not sure if you need to fill in a new form or not, contact us to discuss.