Licensing Policy

Each establishment wishing to serve alcohol, provide entertainment such as music, drama, film, an indoor sporting event, dancing or provide hot food between 23:00 and 05:00, must have a valid licence to do so.

To make an application for a licence you must contact Gwynedd Council. The Council will consider your application and, if necessary, will place restrictions on it to ensure that it complies with the four objectives outlined in the Licensing Act 2003. These are:

  • prevention of crime and disorder
  • ensuring public safety
  • prevention of public nuisance
  • protection of children from harm

Gwynedd Council’s licensing policy is reviewed every 5 years.