Public Participation Strategy
We have adopted a Participation Strategy which explains how we will encourage local people to participate in the Council’s decision-making processes.
View Cyngor Gwynedd's Participation Strategy
The Council’s public participation strategy describes how the Council will:
- promote awareness of the Council’s functions;
- promote awareness of how people can become a Councillor and what the role entails;
- facilitate access to information about decisions made, or to be made, by the Council;
- promoting arrangements by which people may make representations to the Council about decisions it has made or will make in the future;
- ensure that the public’s views are brought to the attention of its Overview and Scrutiny Committee; and
- promote awareness amongst Councillors of the benefits of using social media to communicate with local people.
Questions at meetings of the Full Council:
We welcome formal questions from the public at meetings of the Full Council. There are specific procedures to follow, including notice in writing in advance of the meeting. These guidelines explain the steps to be followed.
View details - how to ask a question at the Full Council meeting
You can submit petitions to the Council using the Council’s petition scheme:
View details - Petition Scheme