Signs, Banners and flags

You must have a permit to erect decorations/ banners/ buntings or flags on or above the public highway.  


How do I apply?

Companies or individuals that apply must have public liability insurance worth £10 million.

Download an application form and return by post (with the fee) to the Street Works Unit to the address below, to see if the site is suitable. 

Post:  Street Works Unit, Environment Department, Cyngor Gwynedd, Caernarfon, LL55 1SH
Phone: 01766 771 000

Please allow up to 5 working days for your application to be considered.  A representative from the street works unit will contact you via e-mail or letter within 5 working days.


How much does it cost?

£153 a month is the price of an application to have decorations/ banners/ bunting or flags above a public Highway. 

The relevant application fee must be paid before consideration is given to your application.

Note: This fee is non-refundable.