Gwynedd Council is the licensing authority under the Gambling Act 2005.  It regulates all premises licences, notices, permits and registrations identified as falling within the provisions of the Act, namely: -

Premises Licences 

  • Casinos;
  • Bingo Premises;
  • Betting Premises;
  • Tracks (site where races or other sporting events take place);
  • Adult Gaming Centres;
  • Licensed Family Entertainment Centres;


  • Temporary Use Notices
  • Occasional Use Notices


  • Family Entertainment Centre Gaming Machine Permits;
  • Club Gaming Permits;
  • Club Gaming Machine Permits;
  • Alcohol licensed premises Gaming Machine Permits;
  • Prize Gaming Permits;


  • Registrations of Small Society lotteries.


For more information and an application form, call 01766 771000.


Contact the Licensing Unit for information on the current fees through

Phone - 01766 771000.

The Gambling Act 2005 says that we have to publish our Gambling Policy every three years. The current policy is now being reviewed,  so we are consulting on a new policy

Why We Are Consulting

The Gambling Policy sets out how we will carry out our responsibilities under the Gambling Act 2005. We want to hear the views of residents, businesses, gambling operators, responsible  authorities and other interested parties to help shape our policy.

What Happens Next

When the consultation has ended we will use the responses to help us finalise our Gambling Policy for 2017-2020. The policy will be considered by Members  of the Licensing Committee and full Council will approve the final version in the Autumn of 2017


How to respond

If you wish to respond to the consultation you may do so , in writing before 12 July 2017.

Your written consultation responses may be sent to the Licensing Unit -

Public Protection Service
Gwynedd Council
Shirehall Street 
LL55 1SH

or may be submitted via email: