Applications are invited by companies or individuals who are interested in purchasing a plot / plots of land at the Penygroes Industrial Estate. This is a unique opportunity for businesses to develop land that is ideally located for a wide range of businesses.
The Penygroes Industrial Estate is located off the A487 road from Caernarfon to Porthmadog.
The village of Penygroes is located in the Nantlle Valley on the edge of Snowdonia National Park, and is 7 miles from Caernarfon and 16 miles from the city of Bangor; home to the University, and which is a central point for road networks such as the A55 and the A5 in North Wales which leads to the port of Holyhead.
There are 2 plots available on the site by now, as follows:-
- Plot 8 4,500 / 1.11a £55,000 o.n.o
- Plot 9 9,885 / 2.44a £110,000 o.n.o
Prices are subject to VAT
Please see enclosed location plan. The boundaries are currently negotiable.
Offers are invited for the FREEHOLD interest in the land, subject to any existing rights over the land.
The sales shall be subject to existing wayleaves and easements which cross over or under the land (including the existing street lighting columns).
- Welsh Water currently have a pumping station with associated pipes and equipment within Plot 8 and the sale is subject to their rights, which extend over Plot 9.
- A public footpath crosses part of plot 9 and is shown by broken green line on the plan.
- Access to plots 1 and 6 shall be over the part of plot 9 which is cross-hatched brown on the plan.
- Until such time at the roadway coloured orange is adopted, the purchasers shall be granted a right of access over the unadopted roadway.
- Each plot shall be responsible for maintaining the drainage ditches running through the plot and shall allow free flow at all times.
- A 2 metre service strip shall be reserved along the northern boundary of plot 8, so that these adjoining plots can be granted all necessary easements to connect to the mains services.
Services available nearby
- 3 phase electricity
- Public Sewerage
- Telephone ducting
- Mains water supply
Access to the site is via the Industrial Estate on the road from Penygroes to Llanllyfni, off the by-pass to the villages.
The use of the land shall be restricted by covenant for the following use classes:
- B1 (Business )
- B2 (General Industrial )
- B8 (Storage and Distribution)
As detailed in the Use Classes Order 1987.
It is understood that outline planning permission has been granted for the above uses. However, it will be necessary for purchasers to make their own enquiries and obtain full planning consent prior to the commencement of development. You may contact the Planning Unit, Gwynedd Council for further information regarding planning issues by telephoning ‘Galw Gwynedd’ on 01766 771000.
Enquiries and Application Guidelines
Tender offers should be sent to:The Corporate Property Manager, Corporate Property Unit, Gwynedd Council, Caernarfon,LL55 1SH.
Phone: (01766) 771000
It is vital that you contact the property department for a tender form and envelope should you wish to submit a tender. Offers will not be accepted if they're not submitted in the appropriate manner.
Completing the Purchase
The successful buyer is expected to complete the purchase within three months of receiving a formal confirmation of the sales terms from the Council’s Property unit.