Inspections for immigration

When someone wants to immigrate to the UK, the immigration authorities may ask for evidence of the condition of the accommodation where they intend to live.

This evidence must be from an independent body like a qualified surveyor or an Environmental Health officer. The Council can offer this service.

We will check that the house comes up to standards of the Housing Act 2004, and that it has sufficient space to accommodate those who live there now and any additional people who propose to live there.

We will need the following information to support the inspection:

  • name and date of birth of the person seeking entry to the UK
  • copy of the tencancy agreement / proof of ownership for the property
  • name and date of birth of other occupants of the property to be inspected
  • current Gas Safety Certificate for the property.

There is currently no fee for this service.

To request an inspection, contact us: