Help to claim benefits

If you receive any care service such as home care or residential/nursing care from the Adult Services, the Income and Wellbeing Unit can offer independent advice regarding the benefits you are eligible to claim. 

The service offered includes:

  • home visits to assess which benefits you are eligible to receive
  • advice over the phone
  • help to complete benefit/financial assessment application forms
  • advocate on your behalf with agencies such as the Pension Service
  • represent you in appeals / tribunals
  • advice regarding available allowances/support grants
  • divert you to other agencies for help

For more information contact the Income and Welfare Unit:

If you are not receiving any care services from the Adult Services and are therefore not eligible to receive support from the Income and Wellbeing Unit, the following organizations can offer you advice: