Bulky Waste Collection – Terms and Conditions
- This agreement is made between the resident (‘the customer’) and Gwynedd Council (‘the Council’) of Cibyn Industrial Estate, Caernarfon, Gwynedd LL55 2BF. This agreement sets out the terms and conditions under which the customer may use the Council’s Bulky Waste Service (‘the service)’. If paying by debit or credit card you will be given the collection date day before you pay. If paying by cheque you will be given the collection date after the Council receives the cheque. The Council may vary or change these terms and conditions at any time. You will be given 10 days written notice of any such changes.
- The price for this service is £27. We will collect up to 5 items for this price. A customer can pay £54 to collect 10 items and £81 to collect 15 items.
- A customer can pay Gwynedd Council with a credit/ debit card over the phone or on-line on Gwynedd Council’s website or pay with cash, or cheque in one of Siopau Gwynedd.
- In accordance with distance selling regulations, you can make an application to cancel your collection on-line through ‘My account’ on Gwynedd Councils website (www.gwynedd.llyw.cymru) or over the phone (01766 771 000) up to 10 days before the date of your collection and get a full refund.
- If a customer cancels or changes date within 10 days before the collection date, the customer will not receive a refund. In special circumstances the service may offer a refund but this will be at their discretion.
- The Bulky Waste Collection service that The Council offer is collecting items that can’t be presented in a normal household waste collection (green wheelie bin/ black bin bag collection). These items must be presented in an obvious and convenient location with no obstruction to others i.e. within the properties curtilage where the staff collection the waste can have clear access (to the front/ back garden). Gwynedd Council staff will not go in to any property to collect items. If the items presented don’t match the items listed in your order Gwynedd Council staff will not collect the items. If it isn’t obvious which item/ items need to be collected Gwynedd Council staff will not take any items.
- If the items need to be collected from the back of the property or access through a path the customer must ensure that there isn’t any obstruction and that there is a clear access for Gwynedd Council workers.
- If items have been left out for a long period of time in the rain and will have caused the weight of the item to substantially increase (for example a roll of carpet or mattress) Gwynedd Council workers have the right to refuse to collect them. We keep the right to refuse to collect any item that will be too dangerous or too heavy for Gwynedd Council workers to collect.
- We will only collect your bulky waste items when an order has been placed beforehand.
- The bulky waste items that you have listed in your order must be placed in the collection point stated in your order before 06:00 on the collection morning. It is important that you place items that can be affected by the weather (carpets/mattress) out as close as possible to the collection time, if it’s practical to do so and doesn’t affect the Council’s workers ability to collect the item.
- We do not collect any builders waste or commercial waste.
- Items such as garden sheds and beds must be dismantled before collection. We do not collect shed’s that are larger than 8 feet x 6 feet. We do not collect anything with asbestos in it.
Order bulky waste collection online