Universal Credit is being rolled out slowly throughout Britain.
It has been available to some of Gwynedd’s residents since 26 October 2015.
If you’re already receiving one of the 6 benefits named above, you don’t need to do anything yet.
At present Gwynedd is a Universal Credit LIVE Service area, but from December 2018 Gwynedd will become a Universal Credit FULL Service area.
Universal Credit is being introduced in stages across Great Britain by postcode area.
Whether you can claim it and the way you manage your claim depends on where you live and your personal circumstances.
- Universal Credit full service is available to all types of claimants in certain areas of Great Britain.
- You will have an online Universal Credit account to manage your claim. You can use your account to report changes, send messages to your work coach and find support.
- Eventually all Universal Credit claims will be on the full service and you will have a Universal Credit online account.
- Since 1 January 2018 you cannot make a new claim to Universal Credit in live service areas. You may be able to claim other benefits instead.
- If you are already getting Universal Credit in a live service area you will manage your claim by phone.
- If your Universal Credit claim is paused because of increased earnings, you will return to Universal Credit live service if your earnings fall, as long as it is within 6 months.
- Live service claims will eventually move to the full service. You will be notified when this will happen and what you need to do at that time.