What is Housing Benefit?
Housing Benefit is a state benefit designed to help you pay your rent if you are on a low income. Depending on your income and circumstances, the Council may pay up to 100% of your rent.
You can apply if you’re working or unemployed. If you live with a partner, only one of you can claim Housing Benefit.
How much you get depends on:
- whether you have a partner
- your income from working, and from things like benefits and pensions.
- any savings or investments you have
- the circumstances of other people living with you (for example their age and income)
- the number of bedrooms you need if you rent from a Housing Association
- Local Housing Allowance rules if you rent from a private landlord.
Use the online calculator to see if you qualify, if you do you can go on to make a claim.
Start a new claim form online / Return to a claim you have saved
Start a new calculation / Return to a calculation you have saved
If you would like further information, then please contact us to discuss.