Appeal against a decision

If you disagree with our decision on Council Tax Reduction, you should get in touch with us within ONE MONTH of the date of the notice, or we may not be able to consider any dispute.

You can either: 

  • ask for an explanation 
  • ask us to look again at the decision 
  • appeal against the decision – this can only be in writing. 

If you appeal against the Council Tax Reduction decision your appeal will be heard by an independent tribunal administered by the Valuation Tribunal Service.

For more details, please contact us