1. Do I need experience in the specific field before I can apply for the job?
No, you do not need previous experience but you will need to show a willingness to develop.
2. How do I apply?
It is possible to apply for the post through the Gwynedd Council website.
The application process will open soon!
3. Do I need a specific degree in order to apply?
No, you do not need a specific degree but you must have gained any degree of 2:1 or above.
4. What is the length of the scheme?
The Scheme’s length will depend on the length of the qualification you will study.
5. Is there a guaranteed job at the end of the Scheme?
Every possible effort will be made to ensure that the successful candidate is given all possible opportunities to secure a post at the end of the Scheme.
Since the start of the Scheme, the Council is proud to say that the majority of successful candidates have gained a permanent post in the Council at the end of the Scheme.
6. What support will be available to me during the plan?
Full support will be offered to the successful candidate throughout the scheme - during placements and while studying for the qualification.
7. I have applied for the post before but was not successful. May I apply again this year?
Of course! If you meet the post’s requirements then we would welcome you to apply again even if you were not successful the first time.
8. What is the application process?
1. Apply online
2. We will shortlist
3. Recruitment Centre
4. Formal interview