Vehicular crossing (dropped kerb)

A vehicular crossing, often referred to as a dropped kerb, is where the kerbs are lowered from their normal height and the pavement or verge is reconstructed to strengthen it to take the weight of the vehicle driving across it in order to give access into a property. Anyone wishing to construct/alter a vehicular access must apply for permission from Gwynedd Council for a licence under Section 184 of the Highways Act.


Apply for a dropped kerb


Once you have paid the non-refundable fee of £261, Gwynedd Council will review your application and will arrange for an officer to carry out an inspection. If they determine that a dropped kerb would be acceptable a licence to carry out the works under Section 184 of the Highway Act would be granted following a 15 working day consultation period.