You must have a skip permit to place a skip on the public highway. This includes the pavement and grass verge. Gwynedd Council are responsible for issuing the licences.


How to apply?

Applications are made on-line and are only accepted from skip hire companies. Individual members of the public cannot apply for skip permits.

If you need a skip, contact your desired skip hire company who will apply for the licence on your behalf.

Skip hire companies should complete the application form below.

Complete an on-line application

Please allow up to 5 working days for your application to be processed.



£42 is the price of a skip permit license application. If permitted, the license is valid for up to1 month.  

In order to have a longer license you must renew your license before the first license expiries. 


Renewals fees

£42 is the price of a renewal. You can't renew a skip license on-line. Contact us to renew:

  • 01766 771 000

Need to pay a fine?

If you've been fined for not having a skip license, contact us in order to pay it:

  • 01766 771 000


Further information