Camping site

If you allow your land to be used as a camping site by the public for more than 42 days consecutively - or 60 days in a year - you require a licence from your local authority. Conditions may be attached to a licence.
There are exceptions for organisations that hold camping exemption certificates.

Application evaluation process
When an application is made it will be deemed to be made unconditionally unless the local authority give notice that the application is refused or conditions are attached.

To apply for a camp site licence in Gwynedd, or to tell us about a change to an existing licence, please call 01766 771000.

Relevant legislation
Public Health Act 1936 

Will tacit consent apply?
No. It is in the public interest that the authority must process your application before it can be granted. If you have not heard from the local authority within a reasonable period, please contact it.

Failed application redress
Please contact your local authority in the first instance.

If an applicant is refused a licence they may appeal to their local Magistrates Court.

Licence holder redress
Please contact your local authority in the first instance.

A licence holder may appeal against a condition attached to a licence to their local Magistrates Court.

Consumer complaint
We would always advise that in the event of a complaint the first contact is made with the trader by you - preferably in the form a letter (with proof of delivery). If that has not worked, if you are located in the UK, Citizens Advice will give you advice. From outside the UK contact the UK European Consumer Centre.

Trade associations
Association of Caravan and Camping Exempted Organisations (ACCEO)
British Holiday & Home Parks Association (BH&HPA)
British Resorts and Destinations Association
Caravan Industry Training (CITO)
Federation of Tour Operators (FTO)
Group Travel Organisers Association (GTOA)
Hotel Marketing Association
National Caravan Council (NCC)