Fireworks Licence

You must have a license to sell fireworks.

Gwynedd Council’s Trading Standards Unit provide individuals and companies who wish to store less than 2000kg (net weight) of explosives (including fireworks and shotgun cartridges) with a license.

There are 4 periods within a year where selling fireworks is allowed.

  • 15 October – 10 November
  • 26 December – 31 December
  • On the first day of the Chinese New Year and the 3 days immediately preceding it
  • On the day of Diwali and the 3 days immediately preceding it

If you wish to sell outside of these times you must apply for a license to sell fireworks all year round. This is in addition to the license that is required to store the fireworks and the fee is currently set at £500.
Certain categories of fireworks cannot legally be sold to members of the public.

Further information

Application Form