If a business has addressed all the non-compliances raised in the inspection report, they can apply for a re-rating visit. The request for a further inspection and assessment of the food hygiene standards of the establishment for the purpose of considering whether to change its food hygiene rating can be made at any time, subject to the following conditions having been met:
- any appeal against the current food hygiene rating has been determined;
- the operator has notified the food authority of improvements made to hygiene standards at the establishment;
- the food authority considers it reasonable to further inspect and assess the establishment in view of the improvements said to have been made;
- the current food hygiene rating sticker is displayed at the establishment in accordance with the requirements of section 7 of the Food Hygiene Rating (Wales) Act 2013;
- the business has agreed to ensure that a food authority will be given access to carry out an inspection of the establishment for the purpose of the re-rating.
- the business has paid the reasonable costs of the re-rating, as determined by the food authority in accordance with section 13 of the Food Hygiene Rating (Wales) Act 2013
How do I arrange a re-rating visit?
There is a charge of £180.00 for a re-rating visit which must be paid after a re-rating visit is granted. The charge will be calculated on the basis of an estimate of the officer time which will be expended on carrying out the re-rating visit, including preparation time, travelling time, the time spent in writing the post inspection report, plus travelling expenses.
Application for a re-rating visit must be made in writing to the Council using the Re-rating application form. Paper copies of this form can be provided by this office upon request.
Phone: 01766 771 000
Re-rating application form
When will a re-rating take place?
The re-rating revisit will take place within three months of the request being made by the business. The business will not be informed in advance of the specific date and time of the visit. Please note that the Food Authority may require supporting evidence of the rectification of the non-compliances before agreeing to make a rescore visit.
The business must continue to display the current rating sticker until you have been notified of the outcome of the re-rating visit, which will be within 14 days of the re-inspection.