Bus pass for over 60s

If you are over 60 years old and live in Gwynedd you are eligible to receive a senior citizen’s bus pass.

The bus pass will enable you to travel for free on any local buses in Wales (exceptions apply – see the application form).

You can use your bus pass as frequently as you wish, but you will need to show your pass every time you travel. 

You can travel all year on the Conwy Valley line but you can only use the ticket between October and March on the Cambrian Coast line.


How much does the bus pass cost?

The buss pass is available for free.


Can I get a card?

You can claim a senior citizen’s bus pass if you are 60 years old or older and live in Gwynedd.


How do I make an application?

Download the application form below and return the completed form to the address noted on the form itself.

To request a paper copy of the application form, please call 01766 771000.

When returning the form, remember to enclose proof of your eligibility (these are noted on the form itself).


I have lost by bus pass. What should I do?

Please contact us by calling 01766 771000.  There will be a cost of £5 to receive a new bus pass.

My card doesn’t work. What should I do?

Please contact us by calling 01766 771000.  The card must be returned to the Council in order to receive a new bus pass.


Is my card valid?

Your pass WILL NOT work if:

  • it has been reported lost or stolen
  • it has been used fraudulently in the past
  • you are no longer entitled to concessionary travel
  • it has been replaced by a more recent pass
  • Further information

Further information

If you can not find the information you are looking for on this page, contact us by using an online enquiry form:

Public transport enquiry

You can also contact us by calling 01766 771000.