Bus pass for disabled people

A disabled person living in Gwynedd can be eligible to receive a free disabled person’s bus pass.

The bus pass will enable you to travel:

  • free on any local bus in Wales
  • on the Conwy Valley line (throughout the year)
  • on the Cambrian Coast line (October to March)
  • as often as you wish.

You will need to show your pass every time you travel.


How much does the bus pass cost?

The bus pass is available for free.


Can I get a card?

You can claim a disabled person’s bus pass if you:

  • are blind or partially sighted
  • are profoundly or severely deaf
  • are without speech
  • have a disability, or have suffered an injury which has a substantial and long term adverse effect on your ability to walk.
  • do not have arms or have long term loss of the use of both arms.
  • have a severe learning disability.
  • have been refused a driving licence because of your physical fitness.

A full list of the rules are in the application form. When submitting your application you must provide evidence that you comply with one of the above criteria. Documents that we will accept are noted on the application form. 

How do I apply?

Print and complete the application form below and return to the address noted on the form.

To request a paper copy of the application form, please complete our online enquiry form or call 01766 771000.

When returning the form, remember to enclose proof that you qualify for the pass (these are noted on the form itself).

Refused driving licence

If your driving licence has been refused for medical reasons, it is possible that you are eligible to receive a free bus pass.

Call us to receive a hard copy of the form 01766 771000.

Lost bus pass

Please call us on 01766 771000. A new bus pass costs £5.

Is my card valid?

Your pass WILL NOT work if:

  • it has been reported lost or stolen
  • it has been used fraudulently in the past
  • you are no longer entitled to discounted travel
  • it has been replaced by a more recent pass

More information 

Yellow Travel Card Scheme

This scheme is for those that need extra assistance when travelling on the bus or train.

How do I apply?

Complete the application form below and return to the address noted on the form.

or contact the Integrated Transport Unit for further information by calling 01766 771000.


More information

If you can't find the information you are looking for on this page, contact us by using an online enquiry form below:

You can also contact us by calling 01766 771000.