Resident parking scheme

A Resident Parking Scheme is in force in areas of Dolgellau, Pwllheli, Caernarfon and Bangor:



  • Ffordd Aran / Arran Road
  • Heol Plas Uchaf / Springfield Street

Go to the List of Houses for Resident Parking Scheme to see which houses in these streets are included in the scheme.


  • Yr Ala
  • Ala Uchaf
  • St Peter's Terrace / Lleiniau

Go to the List of Houses for Resident Parking Scheme to see which houses in these streets are included in the scheme.


Applying for a Residents' Parking Perrmit

You can buy a Residents’ Parking Permit if your main residence is part of the scheme. The permit will allow you to park without restriction in a ‘residents’ bay’.

You can apply for a Residents’ Parking Permit (valid for 12 months) by calling 01766 771000.

To apply you will need to provide:

  1. Personal details – full name, address, post code, telephone number
  2. Vehicle details – registration number, make (e.g. Ford), model, colour
  3. Payment – a 12 month permit costs £50 for one car, and £80 for a second car. You can pay by phone using a debit card or by sending a cheque or postal order (payable to Gwynedd Council) along with your documents
  4. After making your application over the phone you will need to send us 2 documents before we can send you the permit. Please post the following to Galw Gwynedd, Cyngor Gwynedd, Uned 2, Parc Busnes Eryri, Penrhyndeudraeth, Gwynedd LL48 6LD:

    - a photocopy of one document that proves where you live, e.g. rent book, council tax bill, water/electricity/gas bill

    - a photocopy of one document that proves you are the owner of the vehicle, e.g. vehicle registration documents, hiring/leasing agreement showing your name, a recent letter from your employer if it is a work car or van

Applying for a Visitor Parking Permit

You can buy a Visitors’ Parking Permit which allows someone visiting your home to park in a ‘residents’ bay’ for up to 24 hours.

The permits are available in books of 10 at a cost of £5.

To buy a Visitors’ Parking Permit call 01766 771000.

What if something happens to my permit or I change my car?

Call 01766 771000 to arrange a new permit:

  • Replace a damaged permit £10
  • Replace a lost permit £20
  • Transfer permit to another vehicle £10

This is a 12 month pilot scheme which will be revised at the end of this period.

For more information about the scheme call 01766 771000.