Report a flooding problem

As the Lead Local Flood Authority (LLFA) one of Gwynedd Council’s duties under the Flood and Water Management Act (FWMA) is to investigate flood events which occur from local sources. Gwynedd Council will attempt to record the circumstances surrounding all incidents of internal flooding as well as near misses. This information enables us to build a picture of local flood risk across Gwynedd.


You can report a flooding problem to our Unit by using the Report a Problem service on the Gwynedd Council website or by calling 01766 771000. We will aim to investigate the problem as soon possible however please note that our Unit does not provide an emergency response service. In emergency situations please refer to advice provided in our In an Emergency section.