Swimming and fitness activities are essential elements of full lives. People choose to take part in social and leisure activities for enjoyment, health and relaxation. Sport and leisure activities enhance feelings and general well being. Gwynedd Council offers a disabled membership that will enable disabled customers to use facilities at a discounted rate.
What is available
- Swimming: Discounted swimming for juniors and adults within public swimming hours. Every pool offers 1 free session a week. Contact your local swimming pool for further information.
- Fitness Room: Discounted rate for the use of any Gwynedd Leisure Centre Fitness Room. An induction is required for each individual fitness room.
- Court Hire: Discounts on e.g badminton courts or any main hall bookings. Contact the Leisure Centre for details of opening hours and availability.
Disabled members may be accompanied by up to two carers when participating in activities within Gwynedd Leisure Centres. The carers must pay the applicable fee if they participate in activities themselves e.g. use fitness equipment in the fitness room. If carers only attend with a disabled member to offer support their admission is free of charge.
Disabled membership conditions
To be eligible for a disabled Gwynedd membership one of the following must be produced on completing the membership form:
- Disability Living Allowance (Must produce allowance book or notification)
- Attendance Allowance (Must produce proof of allowance)
- Disabled Tax Credit (Must produce entitlement letter)
- Employment Support Allowance / Incapacity Benefit
- Personal Independence Payments
Where can I get a card?
- Membership cards are issued from any Gwynedd Leisure Centres after a membership form has been completed.
- Lost, stolen or defaced card will be replaced at cost to the holder.
Use of card
The member must produce their membership card when attending or paying for the facility.
- Failure to do so will result in the standard rate being charged.
- Gwynedd Council reserves the right to revise the conditions at any time.
- Changes to the conditions of use will be advertised at participating facilities 28 days before coming into effect.
The Information content about individual members is registered under the Data Protection Act 1984 and will not be disclosed to third parties.