Social Services complaint

Make a comment / complaint about Social Services online

Your views are important and will help us to improve services. If you are unhappy with any aspect of your social care, we want to know as soon as possible in order to put things right for you.

We also want to know when things go well or if you have ideas for how we can do things differently or better.


Who can make a complaint?

  • anyone who receives a service or a parent / guardian
  • anyone who believes they have been unfairly refused a service
  • a representative (e.g. solicitor, advocate), family member or a friend of the one who receives a service (or believes they should). You will usually need permission from this person or proof that you have sufficient interest in their wellbeing.


What happens when I make a complaint?

We will:

  • ask you to explain the problem
  • ask you what you would like us to do to put things right
  • acknowledge your complaint and confirm what will happen next
  • try to find out what went wrong
  • keep you informed about the progress
  • respond in writing, in the most suitable format.


What happens if I’m still not satisfied?

Further options include:


Contact us

Use the contact details below to make a comment / complaint about Social Services. 

Adult, Health and Wellbeing Department:

Children and Supporting Families Department:


You can speak to any member of Social Services staff, who will pass your concerns or comments to therelevant Customer Care Officer.