Funded 30 hours Childcare Offer
Gwynedd and Anglesey have been chosen to pilot the Welsh Government funded childcare offer for 3 and 4 year old children of working parents.
Available throughout the whole of Gwynedd from 1 April 2018.
Applications are open for eligible children with a date of birth between:
01/09/2014 – 31/08/2015
What is the offer?
- Eligible children could be entitled to up to 20 free hours of government funded childcare during term time in addition to the 10 hours already provided by the Foundation Phase every week.
- During up to 9 weeks of school holidays, parents will be able to access up to 30 hours of funded childcare.
- Eligible children will be able to access the offer from the beginning of the term following their third birthday until the September following their fourth birthday when they begin full-time education.
- Parents are able to choose any registered childcare setting that suits their personal and family circumstance, whether inside or outside of county, in agreement with the provider and the local authority. The childcare does not have to be delivered by the same provider as the Foundation Phase provision.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for free child care you must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Your child is aged 3 or 4 years
- You live in Gwynedd or Anglesey
- You work and earn the equivalent of at least 16 hours at national living wage or national minimum wage; or are in receipt of specific caring benefits
How to apply?
If you meet the eligibility criteria above, please complete the application form:
Application Form Word
You will need to download the application form (above). You can either print and post it to the address noted on the bottom of the application form or return via e-mail to email@example.com
For a paper copy of the application form please contact the Gwynedd & Anglesey Childcare Unit on 01248 352436
You will be informed of the outcome of your application by email within 10 working days of receipt of the application.
Your eligibility for funded childcare will begin after you receive your confirmation letter.
For more information on the offer,take a look at the summary below:
Or contact us:
Parents are responsible for finding childcare that meets their requirements, however the Family Information Service can provide details of the childcare which is available in your area, please contact either: