When families experience difficulties, we work closely with children, their parents, relatives or other carers and other organisation to find the best solution. Our aim is to keep families together whenever possible.
If you feel that your family needs help or support, you can ask for the service directly. Other agencies can refer families to us too.
When there are serious concerns for a child, we will provide an immediate response. In other cases, we will respond as soon as possible.
If you think you need help, contact us. We will tell you if you are eligible for services and assistance.
Referring a Family
You need to complete a referral form and send it to email@example.com. This form will be used for statutory and Families first referrals.
Eligible referrals will be passed to the Team around the Family co-ordinator.
Around the Family Team
There are three teams that offer support to families in Gwynedd.
- Arfon Team
- Dwyfor Team
- Meirionnydd Team
These will include family support workers that will be able to give practical day to day help.
Barnados will be providing this service in Meirionnydd.
There is a Youth Worker assigned to each team that works with young people between 11 and 25 years old.
There are other services available to families that are already open to the co-ordinated service:
- Counselling and other therapeutic services and programmes for young people (mild to moderate needs - Y Bont)
- Family Group conferencing and mediation (Y Bont)
- Advocacy for young people (NYAS)
- Support for improving young people’s speech, language and communication (if it isn't funded through BCUHB)
- A preventative worker within the Youth Justice Team.