Help to claim benefits

If you receive any services from Gwynedd Social Services, the Welfare Rights Unit can offer free, independent advice and guidance on the benefits you are entitled to claim. 

The service includes:

  • home visits to assess what benefits you could be eligible for
  • help to complete application forms
  • advocacy on your behalf
  • representation in appeals / tribunals
  • guidance and advice over the phone
  • working with other organisations and agencies to receive referrals
  • advice on payments like the Winter Fuel Allowance
  • referring you to other services like occupational therapy and home care.

For more information, contact the Welfare Rights Unit:


Phone: 01286 682753


If you haven't received any services from Social Services, and are not eligible for help from the Welfare Rights Unit, these organisations can offer advice: