Bangor Area Local Restrictions
New coronavirus restrictions have been introduced in the Bangor area following a rise in cases.
The new measures came into force at 6pm on Saturday, 10 October.
The restrictions will mean that people living in the Bangor city area:
- will need to avoid travelling in and out of Bangor without a valid reason to do so such as travelling for work for those who can’t work from home, travelling for education or to attend a health appointment;
- will only be able to meet people they don’t live with outdoors. They will not be able to form, or be a part of, extended households (sometimes referred to as a “bubble”).
See more details
Area of local restrictions
Click on the link below to see a map of the area where local restrictions are in force.
Map: Bangor Area Local Restrictions
You can also enter your postcode or address in the search box on the top left hand corner of the map to check the situation in your area of Gwynedd.
The restrictions are in force at the following Bangor wards: Dewi, Glyder, Hendre, Menai, Deiniol, Marchog, Garth and Hirael.
Full details about the restrictions including frequently asked questions will be available on https://gov.wales/local-lockdown shortly.
It is also very important that everyone continues to follow other existing national guidance, which include:
- always observing social distancing
- staying at home if you or anyone in your household develops symptoms
- if you develop symptoms, get a test
- if you are contacted by the Test, Trace and Protect team, please follow the advice they provide and self-isolate if required
- working from home whenever possible
- avoiding car-sharing
- wearing a mask when indoors in public places
- washing hands regularly.