Self Isolation Support Payment
If you have been contacted by NHS Wales Test, Trace, protect service (TTP) and been told to self-isolate, you may be entitled to Financial Support.
Self-Isolation Support Payment
If you meet ALL of the eligibility criteria below, you are entitled to an Isolation Payment of £500.
- You have been told to self-isolate by:
- NHS Wales, Test, Trace, Protect service (TTP) on or after 23 October 2020,
- your child has been asked to isolate from their school, childcare setting or further education college on or after 23 October 2020,
- you have received notification from the NHS Covid-19 App because you have been in close contact with a positive case on or after 1 February 2021
- You are employed or self-employed.
- You cannot work from home and will lose income as a result.
- You or your partner are currently receiving at least one of the following benefits: Universal Credit, Working Tax Credit, income-based Employment and Support Allowance, income-based Job Seekers Allowance, Income Support, Housing Benefit and/or Pension Credit
You may be eligible for a £500 Discretionary Payment if you meet all of the other eligibility criteria above, but:
- You or your partner do not currently receive Universal Credit, Working Tax Credit, income-based Employment and Support Allowance, income-based Job Seekers Allowance, Income Support, Housing Benefit and/or Pension Credit
- You will face financial Hardship as a result of not being able to work while you are self- isolating.
The application is for one person only. Any further applications within the same household must be made by each individual.
Please ensure that you have the information below available before starting your application
- National Insurance Number
- Confirmation of the date given by NHS Wales Test, Trace, Protect service (TTP)
- Your most recent Bank Statement, wage slip or proof of self-employment
- Note! If you are informed via an app notification, you must provide the screenshot. See example of screenshot. If you are unable or don’t provide this screenshot, your application will not be considered.
You will also need to provide written confirmation from your employer that you did not work during this period and your earnings reduced as a result. If you are self-employed, you will have to provide a statement to this effect.