Voluntary Development Grant - Cist Gwynedd
The Voluntary Development grant is a grant for Gwynedd’s community and voluntary groups. Its main aim is to support projects that improve the quality of life of the county’s residents, and support various groups and communities.
IMPORTANT: Note to prospective applicants – June 2019
Most of the money that was available through the Voluntary Development Fund (Cist Gwynedd) has been allocated for the 2019/20 financial year. This means there are not enough funds remaining to invite another round of applications. However, if you intended to apply, contact the Community Support Officer for your area to discuss other funding options for your project. The contact numbers are listed below.
Who can apply for the grant?
Community and voluntary groups can apply for the Voluntary Development Grant.
The grant is awarded to schemes that reflect one or more of the following objectives:
- Support volunteers and promote volunteering opportunities.
- Contribute towards reducing deprivation in the most deprived areas.
- Increase employment opportunities, develop skills of individuals and communities, particularly young people and the disadvantaged and promote equality of opportunity for all.
- Improve safety and prevent or decrease anti-social behaviour within communities.
- Recognise and respond to the social, linguistic and cultural needs of communities.
- Promote investment and development of the local economy.
- Encourage protection and enrichment of the environment.
- Work in partnership.
- Create sustainable communities.
How much money is available during 2019-20?
Applications for up to £10,000 are welcome (revenue or capital).
All applications will be asessed on their own merits.
How to apply for funding
To apply, you will need to complete the application form and return it by e-mail (if possible) or by post to the address noted on the form itself.
We strongly recommend that you discuss your application with the Community Support Officer of the relevant area before submitting your application.
- Ogwen Community Support Officer 01248 605 276
- Gwyrfai Community Support Officer: 01286 882 968
- Dwyfor Community Support Officer: 01758 704 120
- Meirionnydd Community Support Officer: 01341 424 504
When should you apply?
The grant is awarded quarterly. However, the number of application rounds available will depend entirely on how much money is left each time. You should ensure that the completed application form and all necessary supporting technical documents have been sent (preferably electronically, via e-mail) by the closing dates given in the ‘Guidelines’ document.
For further information about the grant, please refer to the full details.
You can also contact us by sending an email to CistGwynedd@gwynedd.llyw.cymru or by calling the Community Support Officer for your area -phone numbers listed above.
Cist Gwynedd Annual Report
The Report is published to list the latest projects supported by Cist Gwynedd and to illustrate the effect of the investment.