Gwynedd Council's Strategic Equality Scheme
Strategic Equality Plan 2020-24
We would like to present Gwynedd Council’s Strategic Equality Plan for 2020-24. It contains 5 objectives, as follows:
- To strengthen and deepen the capacity and commitment of Gwynedd Council Staff and Elected Members in the field of equality, by ensuring that they receive the right training.
- Improve the information we have from and about people with protected characteristics
- Build on the work already carried out to embed Equality Impact Assessments as a tool to ensure better decision-making
- Act to reduce the gender pay gap and identify any pay gap based on any other characteristic
- Take action to attract a range of applicants for posts in order to increase the diversity of our Workforce
A copy of the plan
A Word version, without pictures
Summary (Easyread document)
It is not possible, at this time, to provide paper copies.
If you have any questions please contact email@example.com.
Strategic Equality Scheme
The Equality Scheme's Characteristics
Gwynedd Council has prepared a draft of the Strategic Equality Plan for the next four years (2016-20). The purpose of Gwynedd Council’s Strategic Equality Plan 2016-20 is to reduce inequality between people with equality characteristics and the rest of society. Those characteristics include:
- Gender reassignment
- Race – including ethnic or national origin, colour or nationality
- Pregnancy and maternity
- Sexual Orientation
- Religion or belief – including non-belief
- Marriage and civil partnership
The Plan consists of four objectives in order to make sure that the Council works to reduce inequality in its everyday work. We intend to do this by putting the people of Gwynedd at the centre of everything we do by listening to their views and experiences.
These four objections are:
- Objective 1: To improve our arrangements regarding obtaining and using the opinion of people who share equality characteristics
- Objective 2: To improve our equality impact assessment arrangements
- Objective 3: To create circumstances for people from different backgrounds to represent the people of Gwynedd by standing in an election to become an elected member
- Objective 4: To identify any employment and pay inequalities and to take action to reduce them