Gwynedd Council were approached by Distinction Energy who specialise in energy efficiency, and were introduced to Flexible Eligibility and its proposed energy efficiency project.
Representatives from Gwynedd Council Housing department, along with the local Member, visited the site to learn more about the current standard of the houses. Both the Council representatives and the local Member were supportive of the principle and its aim in reducing fuel poverty and enhancing the efficiency of the site.
The aims of introducing flexible eligibility are to:
- reduce fuel poverty
- improve the energy efficiency of homes
- promote economic activity
The objective would be to:
- Benefit low income households both financially and thermally
- Contribute to health benefits for residents
- Improve lifespan of homes
- Work across sectors to promote local employment opportunities
Statement of intent